Chesapeake Energy announces upcoming roadwork in northern Pa.
TOWANDA - Chesapeake Energy Corp. announced Monday the following ongoing, upcoming and completed roadwork projects in Bradford, Susquehanna, and Sullivan counties to improve regional transportation infrastructure. These projects are part of Chesapeake's ongoing commitment to responsible development of the Marcellus Shale in Pennsylvania. Chesapeake has invested more than $300 million since 2010 repairing and rebuilding more than 450 miles of road infrastructure in northern Pennsylvania and expects to invest $25 million this year upgrading approximately 56 miles of state roads and another $15 million on township roads:
- SR187, 8 miles - Terry and Wilmot townships from the Wyalusing bridge to the Wyoming County line. Scheduled to begin August 1.
- SR514, 8.4 miles - Franklin and Granville townships from Route 414 to SR3028 (Crowly Rd.). COMPLETED
- SR1029 (Lake Rd.), 2 miles - Wysox Township from Route 187 to Claverack Rd. Road-base stabilization will be complete on June 19 and paving will begin June 25.
- SR1033 (Laning Creek Rd.), .5 mile - Wysox Township from Route 6 to 5th Street. Scheduled to begin in early July.
- SR1036 (Orwell Hill Rd.), 4.5 miles - Orwell Township from Route 187 to SR1051 (Potterville). COMPLETED
- SR2001 (Golden Hill Rd.), 4 miles - Wilmot Township from SR2002 (Quicks Bend Rd.) to the Wyoming County line. Paving will be complete on June 19.
- SR2002 (Quicks Bend Rd.), 2.2 miles - Wilmot Township from Route 187 to the end (Quicks Bend, Dietz and Morris roads). Paving will begin on June 20.
- SR2005 (Panther Lick Rd.), 1.3 miles - Wilmot Township from SR2009 to Douglass Rd. Scheduled to begin in mid-July.
- SR2006, 1.3 miles - Wilmot Township from Route 187 to SR2001 (Sugar Hill Rd.). Scheduled to begin in mid-July.
- SR2010 (Wyalusing to New Albany Rd.), 6.4 miles - Albany and Terry townships from Route 220 in New Albany to approximately Iron Bridge Rd. COMPLETED
- SR1002 (Fitzgerald Rd.), 1 mile - Cherry Township from the SR1013/1002/1014 intersection to the Colley Township line. Paving scheduled to begin on June 25.
- SR1013 (Dieffenbach Rd.), 1.1 miles - Cherry Township from Route 87 to Rosenberry Rd. Paving will begin on June 18.
- SR4008 part 1 (Eastern part), 2.8 miles - Elkland Township from Route 154 in Estella to SR4007. COMPLETED
- SR4008 part 2 (Western part), 1.3 miles - Elkland Township from Route 154 to SR4006. COMPLETED
- SR4024 (Litzelman Rd.), .8 mile - Cherry Township from Route 220 to Toursher Rd. Scheduled to begin on July 1.
- SR3023 (East Rush Rd.), 2 miles - Rush Township from Route 706 to Labzentis Rd. COMPLETED
Chesapeake Energy announced additional road projects in Wyoming County.
This article was submitted by Chesapeake Energy Corp.