Fire causes minimal damage in Canton
A fire occurred at an apartment beside Tops Market at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday in Canton Township by the border of the Canton Borough line, according to Canton Fire Chief J. Scott May.
The fire was contained to the back porch of the apartment, and damage was minimal, he said.
May said it appears to have been started by a discarded cigarette or something of that nature.
He said a total of three apartments had smoke in them as a result of the fire, and the smoke had to be cleared out.
The owner of the apartment building is George Hall, he said.