Fire damages mobile home
EAST SMITHFIELD - Firefighters were called to the scene of a fire at a mobile home at 3:33 p.m. Saturday at 118 Main St., East Smithfield.
Smithfield Township Volunteer Fire Department Fire Chief Pat Wrisley said the accidental fire started when someone was cooking at the stove in the kitchen. No other details were available.
There was smoke and heat damage, and the damage was contained to the kitchen, he said.
The name of the man who resided at the trailer was not being released, upon his request, Wrisley said. The man was not injured.
According to Wrisley, the mobile home is not habitable for the time being, due to the fire.
In addition to Smithfield Township, firefighters from Troy, Ridgebury, and Athens Township assisted.
Eric Hrin can be reached at (570) 297-5251; email: firstname.lastname@example.org