Garage fire occurs in Fox Township
A fire on Monday caused "very minimal" damage to a garage at 13 Hoagland Branch Road in Fox Township, Sullivan County, a Forksville fire official said.
The fire occurred when someone was trying to thaw out a frozen water pipe using a torpedo heater, said Donald Armes, second assistant chief with the Forksville Volunteer Fire company.
A homemade covering for the heater caught on fire, as did an area around a window in the garage, he said.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at 8:23 a.m., but the fire had already been extinguished by the time they arrived, he said.
There was smoke damage to the garage, which was basically empty at the time, he said.
Armes said he did not know who owned the garage.
Contact the newsroom at (570) 265-1632; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.