January office hours set for Sullivan County
TOWANDA - In an effort to make state government services more accessible to residents of Sullivan County, Rep. Tina Pickett (R-Bradford/Sullivan/Susquehanna) will be staffing her satellite office in Laporte in January.
"Our area has already seen the first inclement weather of the season, and it may be difficult during winter months to be able to visit my full-time offices in Towanda and Sayre," Pickett said. "That's why it is important to make sure that we're available to residents in Susquehanna and Sullivan counties, especially this time of year."
Sullivan County residents who are in need of state assistance can visit Pickett's satellite office at the Sullivan County Courthouse in Laporte on the third Wednesday of the month, Jan. 16, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. The phone number there is (570) 946-7673.
Pickett's staff can also help with a number of other items, including:
- Information about legislation and new laws.
- Driver's license and vehicle registration applications and renewals.
- Assistance with PennDOT paperwork (lost cards, changes, corrections, special registration plates, vanity plates, and temporary placards for disabled persons).
- PACE and PACENET applications for seniors.
- State tax forms.
- Student aid applications.
- Referrals to agencies to resolve state-related matters.
Pickett operates her main full-time offices at 321 Main St., Towanda, phone (570) 265-3124 and 106 West Packer Ave., Sayre, phone (570) 888-9011. More information is available 24 hours a day on Pickett's website at www.RepPickett.com or on her Facebook fan page at www.Facebook.com/RepPickett.