Ladies' Night Out announced at Sayre Theatre
After receiving a gift of 40 wedding dresses from an anonymous donor last month, the Sayre Theatre will showcase them in a Ladies' Night Out event in March to raise funds for breast cancer research.
Tickets for the March 5 event, organized around a screening of the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding," will be sold at the theater and at the Spalding Memorial Library in Athens and cost $20, said theater manager Margie Ross.
Ross said she's sold three of the wedding gowns so far at $150 a piece, with 75 percent of proceeds benefiting the theater and the remaining 25 percent to go to the PA Breast Cancer Coalition, a charity chosen by the donor.
Those interested in seeing and trying on the gowns can make an evening appointment by calling the theater at (570) 882-9000. The gowns can also be viewed on the Bradford County Regional Arts Council website, www.bcrac.org, Ross said.
Models will show off the remaining dresses at the March 5 event, escorted by male models sporting tuxedos furnished by Rockman's Apparel in Sayre, Ross said.
In keeping with the Greek theme, the event will also feature Greek finger foods and pastries, and PBCC representatives plan to attend the Ladies' Night Out, she said.
Representatives from Scentric Bath and Body, which makes homemade soaps, scrubs and other beauty products, will also be present at the event, Ross said. Scentric will donate 20 percent of its proceeds to the PBCC as well, she said.
Amanda Renko can be reached at (570) 888-9652; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.